1. Why do I need health insurance?
Ans: Health insurance will protect you against any financial risks arising due to some medical emergency. Buying a proper health plan would help you in saving your hard earned savings as well.
2. What if I want to renew my health insurance policy after one year?
Ans: We would be sending you a renewal notice informing you of the expiry of your health policy via courier/mail/sms alert.
3. What do you mean by Cashless Hospitalization?
Ans: In the event of hospitalization, the patient or their family will have a bill to pay the hospital. Under Cashless Hospitalization the patient does not settle the hospitalization expenses at the time of release from the hospital.
4. What is the maximum number of claims allowed over a year?
Ans: Any number of claims is allowed during the policy period. However the sum insured is the maximum limit under the policy.
5. Is there an Income Tax exemption under Health policy?
Ans:Premium paid under the Health insurance Policy is exempted from Income Tax under section 80D of the Income Tax Act up to Rs.15,000 for individual covering his family and dependent kids.
6. Does health insurance cover diagnostic charges like X- ray, MRI or ultrasound?
Ans:Health Insurance covers all diagnostic test like X- ray, MRI, blood tests etc as long they are associated with the patients stay in the hospital for at least 24 hours.
7. What do you mean by Network /Non-network Hospitalization?
Ans:A Hospital, which has an agreement with us for providing Cashless treatment, is referred to as a ‘Network Hospital’. Non-network hospitals are those with whom we do not have any agreement and any policyholder seeking treatment in these hospitals will have to pay for the treatment and later claim as per reimbursement procedure.
8. How does one get Reimbursement for pre and post hospitalization expenses under this scheme?
Ans:The Mediclaim Policy allows reimbursement of medical expenses incurred towards the ailment/ disease for which hospitalization was necessitated prior to hospitalization and up to a certain number of days after discharge.